Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Planting some imagination

It was so beautiful outside yesterday that my family and I planted the remainder of our peas.  We also planted some onions, broccoli, red lettuce and green lettuce.  The temperatures are in the 60's this week and although I am well aware that there are freak snow storms in April around here, I think the plants will do very well.  If a frost comes, I will cover them with a blanket or with an end of a soda bottle for the "greenhouse effect".  Plus, the peas, onions and broccoli can take a frost.  The lettuce is the only more delicate plant.

My mouth is watering for some fresh vegetable from the garden.  Soon enough!   You know, it doesn't take too much to have your own fresh vegetables.  I have always wanted to try to make a garden using just pots around my porch and because I have used up so much space in the garden already, I may be doing just that!  I think it is all about using your imagination and using the space you have.  Anything is possible if you put your mind to it!

So, on that note, I am off to use that 'ole brain 'o mine and start sewing again.  Time to put the imagination in action and get these skirts done!  Time to open the windows and let a some Spring in the house!

- Blessings on your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment