Friday, March 2, 2012

thaw

I went out this morning to my garden at about 6:15am with the thought and hope that there was a slight possibility that the ground wouldn't be completely frozen.  You see, I have about 24 peas that I planted in a shallow tote in my living room.  I know you are not supposed to start peas early, but my little one loves to see the growing process and so I figured I would give it a try indoors first.  Needless to say they have taken off!  Now they are at least 8" high and are in desperate need of a transplanting.  So with that in mind, I went out to the garden, and as my slippers crunched on the soil while I was walking there, I realized there had been another frost.  I knelt down and placed my fingers on the soil and it had a layer of frost icing, but under the frost it was a tiny bit softer than it was last month.  So, I know that the thaw is coming soon.

I can't say I was completely thrilled, but I was less disappointed.  I mean, really, who am I to think I can control the arrival of Spring?  Is it like the little kid who believes that if they wish enough or think about a toy enough it will magically appear?  Well, maybe.  So on that note, as far as Spring is concerned....

I WISH, I WISH, I WISH, I WISH.......

Is that a robin I hear?


-Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment