Friday, March 16, 2012

Give..

Sometimes it is very pleasant to see the rain.  After planting my seedlings last week, there hasn't been a drop of rain and so we have had to use our own water, which can become very expensive in my opinion.  We are so fortunate to have water just to be able to do this and I can't even express how grateful I feel every time I turn on a faucet or fill my watering can.  I feel as though recently, there has been so much news about devastation and so much pain and suffering, that often I feel terribly guilty that we have our water, our home, our lives.  But, this is where I was planted from the beginning I suppose.  So, last week I was able to water the seedlings.  Now, I am hoping that the clouds open up a bit and bring a little rain. 

Perhaps there is a parallel here...I know I can find it... Perhaps, I need to open up my "cloud" a bit and rain on those less fortunate than myself.  It would be great if we all could "soak" others with generosity from our own hearts.  I think I will go through my clothing and see what I can donate. Maybe go through the pantry and find some canned goods to give to the local church's food pantry.  Even, I could go through toys in the house and donate some for children who have none.  There is always something to do, isn't there.  So, today, as I do my work and live out my day, I will be sure to take out the time to be generous to someone else.  Give a little.  I don't think that is too much to ask from myself.

-Blessings 

No comments:

Post a Comment