Wednesday, March 14, 2012

New perspective for a skeptic

For the first time in a while I woke up in good spirits and with plenty of direction.  It is a great feeling when you can roll out of bed and say, "Yep, I get it".  I know for so many people, that doesn't happen.  That hasn't happened for me for a least a year or two and today, like a surprise gift, it happened.  It wasn't planned, or thought out, or scheduled.  However, there was one thing I did that may have helped.  The night before, feeling so exhausted and a bit low, I fell into bed and just before falling asleep, I muttered (actually more like whispered), "Lord, I pray you can show me some direction, some way".  I fell into a deep sleep, which was easy enough, had some positive dreams, and when I woke up, I just knew the path I needed to be on.

Now, I am a skeptic on so many levels.  I am paranoid about the food I eat, about the streets I live on,  driving at night, schools, churches....let's just say I like to do my research and make sure all my ducks are in a row.  But today, I don't feel that.  I honestly think that because I asked for help, I got it. It wasn't some coincidence or my inner most conscience giving me a break.  I know it was the Being I prayed too giving me a hand.  So, that is a pretty powerful thing to wake up to in the morning.  For today, it will give me a different perspective and that is all I could ever ask for in one day.

So, today, I know that if I am feeling low, tired, grumpy or outright confused, I think I will put in a message to God and say to him, "Could you help me today?  I am definitely not feeling up to it.".  Don't mean to sound preachy, but that is what happened and it is entirely to big for me not to share.  So, on that note....

-Blessings on your day

No comments:

Post a Comment