Wednesday, February 22, 2012

The end of February is approaching and I have learned something about having an internet shop....

After owning consignment shops long ago and being in retail before that, I used to LOVE talking to people and being able to help them.  Now, I still am able to do that in my Etsy shop (www.etsy.com/people/jclairep)  (Shameless plug)... and I have to say it is still thrilling to talk to people and to interact on the world wide web, but I sincerely miss the person in front of you connection.  Don't get me wrong, having an online shop allows me to stay home and be with my child. It also gets the creative juices flowing because you really have to put in 100% in order to make a sale or a customer connection. However, there will never be anything like seeing the excitement in someone's face when they find a special treasure.  There is nothing like watching a person smile after making a purchase that they are so happy about.

One great thing about having this shop on Etsy, is they allow the sellers and buyers to give feedback.  For instance, this morning I woke up and wondered if I had any sales, so I get on the computer and there were no sales, but a customer who bought a purse from me left a very positive feedback and it made my morning!

So, I guess in the end, it is what it is, isn't it?  In a physical shop with a door, you get your neighbors and local community.  But with the web, I suppose you get, well, the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment