Sunday, February 26, 2012

get to it

It is a gorgeous morning here in Pennsylvania.  It is cold and crisp, but the skies are clear and the sun is shining.  It makes you feel inspired when you wake up. As if today will be a good day and there are possibilities.  Yes, good stuff...

So, last night I had dreams all about schools. Yes, schools. They weren't the dreams about missing my class or anything.  They were, however, dreams about sitting in class and being frustrated that the teacher never got to the point about the lesson.  There were distractions abound and the student body was more worried about putting up banners and events then they were about the actual learning system.  By the end of the dream, I sat in a truck in frustration and didn't know what to do. 

When I woke up, I had to contemplate what this meant and as much as I would like to have "deep thoughts" about this, I think it is pretty in my face.  In so many things, I think we just need to get to the point.  Not worry about all the frills, but just get done what needs to be done. For instance, I have been thinking of sewing for a week now. I say, "I'll get to it" or "tomorrow", but it never gets done. Then it builds up and up in my brain and it turns into a guilt trip and so on.  So, I sit in frustration, not knowing what to do.  So, right NOW, I am getting up and sewing.  No more putting it off....What do you have to do?

-Blessings on your day

No comments:

Post a Comment