Tuesday, February 21, 2012

So last night was weird.... I had this crazy dream that I was trying to do all the things I used to do when I was 20 or so...you know, riding in a car for no reason, hanging out with my brother and his friends while drinking, getting a piercing or two...just crazy stuff.  So, as I am going along reliving my glory days, a character in the dream asks me exactly how old I am...and knowing that I am lying I say, "Uh, thirty?". Well, the character says, "Huh, wow, that IS old, I am only 20."  With that my eyes opened enough to wake me up and I laid there in bed thinking, "Wow, am I really not into drinking all night and body piercings and riding in cars for no purpose anymore?".  It actually took me a while to go back to sleep after pondering these things.

So, I can tell you that I am well past 30, and I am nearing the big 4-0.  I can also tell you that I have no desire  to stick any kind of metal bars through my skin anymore, and drinking all night is no longer an option.  However, I do still love a ride in a car for no reason.  So, maybe it isn't so much that I am getting OLD...I think it is more that this is a new stage.  The 20's and 30's were so fun, don't get me wrong, but now, I am ready for the more relaxed, not so body mutilating stage of my life.  So with that in mind, maybe this weekend I will take a drive for no reason....just to feel the freedom because I can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment