Thursday, February 23, 2012

Lent..

So today had a great beginning! Fresh Zucchini bread for breakfast, sunny morning, great mild temps and, to top it all off, I had a sale on my shop!  Yesterday I was feeling quite discouraged because the shop had been so slow, but today my confidence is building.  There is one thing though, I don't think this is all chance.  You see, in my family we celebrate Easter and the Lenten Season.  So, last night, as I laid in bed, I was contemplating what to give up for the lenten season.  I had come to the conclusion that I would give up meat until Easter and I was quite pleased with that.  I could clear my system, take a break and explore some different kinds of foods.  Then I thought about clearing my system...and that lead to thinking that I have another system to clear.  Another part of me to clear.  So, as I laid there, I prayed and I said that I was going to give up "getting in the way of myself".   Last night I read in the book of Matthew that "worry does not add one minute to your life" (I am paraphrasing).  You know, Matthew is right..and most of the time, all my worry is caused by my "getting in the way of myself".  The worry is caused by not letting go.  I fail to see that the universe is not controlled by me or my actions.  There is a stronger, higher and mightier force than I could ever imagine.  So,  with that in mind, after a little thinking and a lot of praying, the conclusion I have drawn for the lenten season is this...

I will definitely give up meat.  Until Easter, not a problem.  Frankly, it is the least I could do.  But for the rest of my life, even if it is just in the slightest way, I will give up the worry.  I will give up the road block called myself.  I will let go.  Hey, if you know that there is someone there to help, you take it, right?

Well, there it is. A thought for the day....no worries...

No comments:

Post a Comment