Thursday, February 28, 2013

Hi, It's been a long time..

Well howdy out there! It has been an incredibly long time since I have posted...for that I am sorry...but I have a million excuses, not to which I will list right now...

So, I last posted in September of 2012.  A lot has changed since then! However, I am still running my Etsy shop (www.etsy.com/shop/jclairep)..shameless plug...and I am still working from home.  My family is well and happy and we are becoming quite settled in our little home in PA.  It has been cold and breezy here lately and I think every living creature in this area is ready for Spring! I did find my daffodils peeking up from the ground and the pussy willow does have some buds, so that is a promising sign!

I worked on an awful lot on projects this Winter! Knit coasters, scarves, mug cozies and I was able to create a new patchwork skirt!  These vintage fabrics are so special to me because they range from the 1940's to the 1980's.  In the center is a rooster patch that is actually from a 1940's vintage curtain!  In the top left, you can see a yellow and blue patch that comes from fabric from Hoboken, NJ. It belonged to a friend's mother who passed away.  She was an avid sewer and I feel honored to have a piece of her passion. The Bright Yellow Patch with checks on the left is from a flea market in PA. The woman who sold it to me was a seamstress and decided to retire. There was such an array of fabric there!  The other patches come from friends and family who are all close to my heart.  All these patches became one skirt.  It is amazing, isn't it?  Every patch has a story, every fabric is sewn together. Separate, they may not be much, but put them together as a group....and wow...a beautiful thing can come together.

So, on that note, I am happy that I had to time to write today.  Be well...take care...and make sure you see the beautiful patches in your life and keep them together.

Have a great night and a better day -

Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment